Wednesday, November 27, 2013

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

13 Reasons Why, by Jay Asher is about a boy, Clay, that receives a mysterious shoe box of 13 cassette tapes. Throughout the book it talks about his struggle with listening to all 13 tapes with the voice of one of his old classmates, Hannah, who committed suicide. On the tapes it talks about all her reasons why she killed herself and each tape talks about a different person. “If you are listening to one of these tapes you are one of the reasons why” (7). When he hears that it shocks him cause he thought “What could I have done, was that night really that bad? It was only one little thing” (9).

In 13 Reasons Why, Asher did a very good job of combining Clays thought and Hannah’s story together. “’I know. They are. I’m sorry.’ Don’t apologize. Talk to him!”(161) The book was very good, had an interesting story. I just think about how genius Hannah was to make those tapes. To make sure those people get what they deserve. If  I were to commit suicide, not say that I have any plans on killing myself, but if I was going to I would make tapes and makes those people get what they have coming to them. Have them forever remember what they did because after something like that you do not just come back from that. Everything was very easy to get nothing complicated. Anyone that is looking for just an easy read or something fast and not too complicated to understand would love this book. It is diffidently made for a teen read. There was not much action or suspense to it really just nice and easy but I must admit some other the things that happened to her, she could have just blown off quite easily. I feel bad for Clay he could have really helped her get through some stuff if only she reached out to him.


Asher, Jay. Th1rteen R3asons Why: A Novel. New York: Razorbill, 2007. Print



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to respond thoughtfully.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.