Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thirteen Reasons Why By Jay Asher



In the book, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher it is a must see book!! In the novel, Hannah Baker is a girl who is planning on committing suicide. She would record herself and put them in the tapes. So she could tell the people who she wanted to know thirteen reasons why she committed suicide because of the people like what they did to her or how they affected her life.
My experience of reading this book was exciting, sad, and most of all surprising. The one that was most surprising to me was “I knew what people said about me. All the rumors and lies that will always be a part of me” (211). This was surprising because why would people believe the rumors that everyone is talking about.
The author’s style of writing is how Asher likes to catch the reader’s attention by putting images in the readers head or wanting to know what’s going to happen next. By using imagery.Even how he writes in the book like his comment on the types and what Hannah is saying in the types. “You could have told me anything, Hannah” (219). Is an example what Clay is saying on what Hannah was saying in the tapes.
I had connected to the book because it says “I remember the last words we said to each other” (258). It connected to me because it reminds me of my grandpa because he had committed suicide a year ago and the last words I said were “Bye papa hope to see you soon”. And I never saw him ever since once I heard the news

The type of reader who would like this book is someone who likes to read mystery books or exciting parts and wanting to know why Hannah did what she did by ending her life. This is the type of reader who would like this book. I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to respond thoughtfully.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.