Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Rose That Grew From Concrete


                                           The Rose That Grew Fom Concrete Book Review
This book is a collection of poems. The title of this book, the Rose that grew from Concrete by Tupac Shakur. I think the purpose and audience of the book is to put Tupac poems out, the audience is all people who love music. The Rose that grew from concrete is organized into three sections. The three sections are “the rose that grew from concrete”, “nothing can come between us”, and “just a breath of freedom”. As I read I came to the conclusion that the section was different parts of his life.

My experience of reading this book was grate. I had fun reading his poems for example in the poem GOD he said “when I was alone and had nothing I asked for a friend to help me bar the pain no one came except… GOD.”(59) Readers who like love poems would love this book because there are many love poem in the book. For example “I ran outside to feel the rain and I stayed out said awhile when the rain was done along came the sun as this was cupids smile.(78) 



I drew this based on diffrent poems from the book.

  1. Shakur, Tupac. The Rose That Grew from Concrete. New York: Pocket, 1999. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to respond thoughtfully.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.