Thursday, April 10, 2014

Swallowing Stones by Joyle McDonald




         Alexis Marina
In my opinion about the book Swallowing Stones, was a legitimate book, but it was not the type of book or genre I would like to read. The book was kind of dramatic in a way. I don’t like that from my personal opinion. I do give credit to the author, because he gave a great description and specific words about everything that was going on the book. The only part of the book that I liked the most was when one of the main characters of the book named Michael cheats on his girlfriend for another girl at a party. He feels ashamed of that. I don’t really like dramatic books, but in this occasion, that conflict was my favorite part of the book.
There was many interesting parts of the book but I felt like the characters were just mentioned every once in a while. Like, you read about them, then you don’t hear about them for a while. I really disliked that about the book. Overall the book was great but not my type of book I would read again. The book was not very bad. The introduction of the book was great, that’s one of the main reasons why i started reading the book. The introduction is what grabbed my attention to keep reading the book. The writing was extremely well written. The drama and genre is what I did not quite like too much.
i have had many experiences connecting with the book. i will use this book as a recourse as well, because it sucks to kiss a girl when you like someone else. i could definitely use this book to connect with situations i have had in my life with people. Not only that but with myself as well.
McDonald, Joyce. Swallowing Stones. New York: Delacorte, 1997. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to respond thoughtfully.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.